Thursday 25 March 2010

The tenor of Darth Maul

Watching Shaun of the Dead the other day with my sis..
Remember spotting Peter Serafinowitz's name in the credits as they were rolling out.

I immediately exclaimed: "That's the voice of Darth Maul!"

Suspected he might have been the third flatmate of Simon Pegg and Nick Frost, and played back the credit roll to confirm! Checked it out on iPhone, produced Ray Park's picture in a Wikipedia article that clearly stated, "with the voice of Peter Serafinowitz!"

Sis staring at me: a look of bemused shock, bewilderment which momentarily progressed to that other look (that 'how sad' look).

Recalled an interview I saw with Ray Park some years ago for Star Wars (probably on the Episode I Bonus/Extras DVD) that this was the case; and also recall Peter Serafinowitz's stint on The Jonathan Ross Show promoting a comedy series he had for the BBC.

Hmm.. Funny what the mind remembers! (Selective memory?)

Maybe I do need to get a life, and get out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment