Tuesday 6 April 2010

Leaving Las Vegas (1995) - Rating: 4/5

One of my all-time favourite movies.
One I enjoy most watching in solitude...

Minor qualms about a slight repetitive use of some of the soundtrack themes, and the cutting/editing used contributed to a slightly synthetic feel... Maybe the Director was going for an alcoholic's objective view?... As I say, minor quibbles from perfection in my view.

Personally, a mood movie for how I think I feel a lot of the time, and identify with as something that seems formulaic of the (few) serious relationships I have been in - though a touch less melodramatic and not as interesting!

Morbidly poetic, brutal and unrelenting in its imagery.
Definitely not one to watch with the family...

Love the soundtrack by the way.

Random notes and thoughts:
Mike Figgis
The writer of the novel comitting suicide shortly after...
Novel acting as a suicide note
That girl in Hot Shots and Rain Man...
That dude in Men in Tights!

No comments:

Post a Comment