Sunday 9 May 2010

Family movie: Avatar (2009)

Family movie, minus Dad (who bought it, and half insisted upon watching it as a family when he got home today!).

Third time watching it. I liked it before, and still like it now! I'm definitely sensitive to what's around me. And the conditions for watching (a forced family lunch totally at odds with what individuals wanted to do for themselves today), as well as my preconceptions for why people were watching (because a friend praised it highly, and being swayed by the Oscar buzz), meant that I couldn't fully enjoy this sitting...

Anger. That I had seen this before, and sang it's praises, and Mum couldn't have cared less... But as soon as a friend says something, she has to watch it then. I'm always relied upon to provide movies for a family occasion (otherwise we do fuck-all and stare at eachother, or there's no sense of occasion), and I resent that deeply. I never want to do that again. I need to stop being accommodating. Desperately need to think about looking after myself. Nobody else will.

No comments:

Post a Comment